Six Reasons to Attend OLPS School
- OLPS School helps to develop a positive Catholic identity. We provide daily opportunities for our students to know that God is a very real presence in our lives. Christ is the reason for our school.
- We provide a solid academic program. Excellence is the norm. Teachers are expected to teach; students are expected to learn. We go beyond government standards.
- Children learn at OLPS in a well-disciplined environment. Discipline is synonymous with respect and responsibility.
- Our students are prepared for life. Through a myriad of learning opportunities, our children learn what is required to be productive citizens and faith-filled adults.
- Small class size makes individual assistance the norm.
- OLPS School cares about you.
Admission Policies and Priorities
Admission to OLPS School is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, sex, national origin, age (in accordance with the law), or disability (if, with reasonable accommodation, the disabled person can function in the school environment).
The following are established priorities for admission:
|* Priority 1||All currently enrolled students in good standing|
|* Priority 2||Brothers and/or sisters of currently enrolled students|
|* Priority 3||Catholic children of families who are residing in St. Bernard Parish|
|* Priority 4||Catholic children of families who are residing outside of St. Bernard Parish|
|* Priority 5||Non-Catholic students|
A student applying for a grade other than pre-kindergarten or kindergarten must present a copy of the most recent report card, as well as the previous school year. After careful review of this academic and behavioral information by the administration, a determination of acceptance will be made.
Registration for the 2013-2014 school year is now being accepted.
At the time of registration, parents of new students are required to present the following applicable items: birth certificate, baptismal certificate (Catholic only), church envelope number of supporting church and/or voucher, copies of report cards from the current and previous school years, immunization record, and child custody documents.
Please call the school office (271-2953) for the 2013-2014 tuition rates.